As Director City Future at Canterbury Bankstown Council, I have the best job in the world to “dream, design and create the most amazing future for our City”.
With 30 Years experience in Local and State Government and University teaching, including a stint on the other side of the world, I have been fortunate to lead a diversity of portfolios including:
- Strategic landuse planning and urban design
- Community, economic and environmental sustainability planning
- Delivery of multi-million dollar capital projects covering buildings, streetscape and public domain, environmental and open space works.
- Service delivery in areas of aquatics, heritage and environment
- Corporate and business improvement and change management
- Communications, media and community engagement
- Environmental science and research
This diversity of experience provides a unique and in depth understanding of both the complexity of Government and community interaction and the link between policy/planning along with practical City shaping project delivery.