Movers and Shakers | November – December, 2018
November and December have seen a number of high-profile appointments and departures across the financial services sector, with noteworthy additions to Bupa, CIMB and DBS Bank.
Bupa has appointed Hisham El-Ansary to the position of Chief Executive for Australia and New Zealand, following the resignation of Richard Bowden.
The Bank of Queensland (BOQ) has announced the resignation of Jon Sutton, Managing Director and Chief Executive.
ANZ has appointed Mark Hand as interim Group Executive Australia, following the resignation of Fred Ohlsson.
Newcastle Permanent has appointed Mark Williams as interim Chief Executive following the resignation of Terry Millett.
AMP Limited has announced the commencement of Francesco De Ferrari’s tenure as Chief Executive, succeeding interim Chief Executive, Mike Wilkins. De Ferrari will also join the AMP Limited Board as an Executive Director.
Macquarie Group has appointed Paul Plewman to the position of Regional Chief Executive for Macquarie Group in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
AMP Limited has appointed Alex Wade to the position of Group Executive, Advice
The Commonwealth Bank (CBA) has appointed Professor Genevieve Bell as Independent Non-Executive Director to its Board.
Yellow Brick Road has appointed Clive Kirkpatrick to the position of General Manager - Lending for the company’s aggregator, Vow Financial.
The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has appointed Karen Chester to the position of Second Deputy Chair, replacing Peter Kell.
CIMB has announced several changes and appointments to its senior management ranks:
- Omar Siddiq has been appointed Group Chief Operating Officer.
- Shahnaz Jammal has been appointed Chief Executive Officer, Wholesale Banking.
- Khairulanwar Rifaie has been appointed Group Chief Financial Officer, succeeding Shahnaz.
- Effendy Shahul Hamid has been appointed Chief Executive of Group Ventures and Partnerships.
- Gurdip Singh has been appointed Group Chief Strategy and Design Officer.
- Victor Lee Meng Teck has been appointed to oversee the group’s Commercial Banking and Transaction Banking businesses.
DBS Bank has announced several changes and appointments to its senior management ranks:
- Shee Tse Koon has been appointed Singapore Country Head.
- Tan Su Shan has been appointed Group Head of Institutional Banking (IBG), succeeding Jeanette Wong.
- Sim S. Lim has been appointed Group Head of Consumer Banking (CBG) & Wealth Management, succeeding current Group Head Tan Su Shan.
- Sriram Muthukrishnan has been appointed Group Head of Global Transaction Services (GTS) Trade Product Management.
- Navinder Duggal has been appointed Head of Global Transaction Services-SME.
- Jasmin Ng has been appointed Group Head of Cash Product Management.
The Philippine National Bank (PNB) has appointed Jose Arnulfo “Wick” Veloso as President following the retirement Reynaldo A. Maclang.